Frequently Asked Questions


 What are city hall office hours?

Hazen City Hall is open Monday - Friday 8:00 AM CT to 5:00 PM CT

Hazen City Hall is closed on the following holidays:  

New Year's Day - January 1st

President's Day - Third Monday in February

Good Friday - the Friday proceeding Easter Sunday

Memorial Day - Last Monday in May

Independence Day - July 4th

Labor Day - First Monday in September

Veteran's Day - November 11th

Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday in November - and also the Friday after Thanksgiving

Christmas Day - December 25th

(if a holiday falls on a Saturday it is observed on the preceding Friday or if on Sunday it is observed the Monday following the holiday)

 At what point is a snow emergency declared?

A snow emergency may be declared by the Hazen City Commission whenever two or more inches of snow accumulates upon the public streets, as measured by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and so long as that snow remains, or at any other time as declared by the City.

 Do I need a building permit for a garden shed?

The City of Hazen does not require a building permit for a garden shed or other storage structure that is less than 144 square feet.

 Who do I contact to rent a slip at the RV Park?

Hazen Parks and Recreation manages the Lewis & Clark and the Antelope Creek RV Parks.  Online reservations can be made through the Hazen Parks & Recreation website